Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Classroom Management Linky



Classroom management to me is....having high expectations and knowing when to scaffold. I expect generally polite behavior with positive choices just as I expect all students to succeed academically. I know that every child in my class will be successful socially, emotionally and academically and that some need more support than others. 

My Tip: Any system a teacher or school puts in place may need to be modified to meet the needs of the students and families. This is important when dealing with special needs students (whether or not they have been identified), different cultural and socio-economic expectations and parent communication (think surveys and intake conferences as well as reporting systems).

This has been brought home this year as my autistic son went through his first year in school. I am thankful that his teacher and administration understand that they have to speak with him in a different way to help him understand the choices and not focus on the system.

In this linky, I loved the warm fuzzies in Mel's post from Seusstastic Classroom Inspirations. These remind me of "pets" (plastic animals) I used long ago before we had a school wide program with punch cards and clip charts. I also liked Erin from Creating & Teaching's post on why clip charts didn't work in her class. Her Happy Sticks chart with a place for awards is neat.

Jenn

Sorry, I didn't get the image for the linky linked back to Mel D's page. Here is the link up.

No comments:

Post a Comment