Friday, April 5, 2013

April Morning Work Freebie & TBA Linky

Happy Springy Friday!

For Freebie Friday, I have linked up several freebies in my TN shop. Just click the TN shop to get there. Don't forget to hop on over to TBA and check out the other freebies. Check out the button to the right - TBA has an Ultimate Freebie Celebration linky going on for Freebie Friday. There is a "party" for each set of grade levels :preK-K, 1-2, 3-4 and 5-6.

My kinders love breakfast work. Whether you call it morning work or breakfast work or brain food, they always want to know what it is when they finish breakfast. We alternate types of activities. We use wipe-off sleeves (also called communicators or as my team leader found shop ticket holders) to hold reusable activities like handwriting pages. I like Evan-Moor's Daily Manuscript because there is one for each day of the week. We also have visual discrimination activities like mazes and connect the dots. If they have a worksheet activity, they have to write a sentence on the back on that topic. I've had this rule for years and it is amazing how much they want to write on the back of a piece of paper even when they struggle with daily writing assignments. I love to see how their writing improves, how they use rebus sentences and add details during this free writing.

In comes my  April - Earth Day Morning Work Freebie which can be used for Morning Work or as a follow-up to centers. One page has leaves with different numbers and asks the students to color the leaves in numerical order - they count, recognize numerals, practice that visual discrimination and have fun doing it. Then they get to write about trees, leaves, or planting. Even though patterns are no longer essential to our curriculum, there are pattern pages to develop logical thinking skills and vocabulary.

They are extra ideas that coordinate with my other Earth Day or caring of the Earth themed items: We Can Recycle readers with activities, We Love the Earth Missing Number Strips, and April - Earth Day Math Write the Room. I wanted to offer them to you free. I'd love to hear feedback here or in one of my stores or you can email me directly prlhrbr@yahoo.com

Enjoy,
Jenn



1 comment: