Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Liebster

Ooops. I had an email nominating me for the Liebster Award and realized that I never published the post from the last nomination. So be sure to stop by these ladies:
www.campwewannalearnalot.blogspot.com 
http://planethappysmiles.blogspot.com
http://teachlove-ncalderbank.blogspot.com/

My 11 random things can be found in my Meet the Teacher post from this week. :)
Here are the answers to some teacher questions :)

Here are my questions:
1. What are your "must haves" in your teacher bag?
I am always changing my bag and what is in it. As for my bag of tricks, love them all and love the ones that irritate you all the more.
2. Why did you start teaching?
My family is made up of teachers. I originally wasn't going to school to become a teacher but was lead to be a teacher even in other fields. I really wanted to work with small children so I got my degree in Early Childhood.
3. What's your favorite read aloud?
I have a huge closet of them so this is really hard. I will also love A Bad Case of Stripes (because I guest read it as a young adult to a class of 4th graders).
4. What is your favorite children's  movie?
Anything Pixar and the Curious George movies.
5. Do you have a class pet? Why or why not?
No, we don't. I am always lucky the plants survive when we grow them in the Spring. We do raise ladybugs, butterflies and tadpoles as part of our curriculum.
6. What was your favorite Teacher Appreciation gift?
Anything handmade. I did have a student from a previous year whose mother knitted me a baby blanket when I was pregnant with my first child.
7. Who are your top 5 favorite bloggers?
8. What kind of music do you listen to when you drive home from school?
My car doesn't have a/c or a radio. My husband picks up our kids because I get out so late and they gets the good car. :) I do keep lots of kids music (including Raffi & Jack Hartman) in the van.
9. What is your favorite easy schooldays recipe for dinner?
Discount pizza night.
10. Where would you like to vacation?
Anywhere with my kids.
11. What is the funniest thing that ever happened to you in your classroom?
This year when we went seining on a fieldtrip, I brought a camera to take pictures of my assistant in waders only to be the one wearing them and to realize on the way home that my id badge was filled with river water. :)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment